Chinese New Year Dinner –
The solar Year of the Fire Monkey (丙申) commences on the 4th February and this year we are holding a Chinese New Year Dinner in Melboure on Friday 5th February to celebrate and prepare!
The Monkey is the 9th sign in the Chinese Zodiac and an intelligent, witty, and inventive animal. It is also the first animal in the Metal Cycle, which precedes the Rooster in 2017 and the Dog in 2018.
According to the Hsia Calendar however, the Year of the Monkey is also symbolized by the Heavenly Stem of Bing or Yang Fire (丙) sitting on top of the Earthly Branch of Shen or the Metal Monkey (申).
A clash between Bing Fire and the Shen Metal Monkey suggests an unstable year ahead which calls for greater caution and a real need to help each other. Unexpected financial rewards are also possible in 2016 and opportunities may arise for those who are observant and quick!
So how are these influences likely to affect you and what can you do to improve your future and that of your loved ones? If you would like to know more about preparing yourself and your home to make the most of the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead, then come along and let our expert speakers advise you on the prospects and obstacles that the Year of the Fire Monkey will bring.
Tickets are now on sale via our secure Online Shop and prices include 4 amazing speakers, a sumptuous Chinese Banquet, door prizes and much more!
This all represents great value so why not join us for a most informative, exciting and delicious evening in one of Melbourne’s finest Chinese Restaurants!
· Howard Choy – Should We Monkey Around in the Year of the Monkey? (A short introduction
to Chinese Correlative Thinking & Feng Shui)
· Edgar (Lok Tin) Yung – Chinese Astrology Forecast for 2016
· Master Jancy Tan-Lew (AFSM) – Feng Shui Energies for 2016
· Master Tyler J. Rowe (AFSM) – Health Forecast for the Fire Monkey Year
· Duet of Steamed Vegetable Dumplings & Spring Roll
· Sweet Corn Soup
· Steamed Silver Cod
· Roasted Premium Australian Beef Ribs
· Saute Pork in Batter with Sweet & Sour Sauce
· Fried Pork Chops with Dry Shallot & Garlic
· Golden Fried Crispy Skin Chicken
· Chinese Broccoli
· Saute Mixed Vegetables (Beans)
· Fried Rice with Eggs & Spring Onion
· Fruit Platter & Sweet Soup
· Chinese Tea
· Vegetarian & Gluten Free options available upon request
· BYO Wine with complimentary corkage
· Shanghai Dynasty Restaurant
· Level 1, 206 Little Bourke Street, Chinatown (Melbourne)
· 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm
· IFSA Members - $68
· IFSA Member + Friend - $136
· Non-Members - $78
Yours in Harmony & Balance
Committee of Management
IFSA Australia Chapter